The Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (PEPA) is a national palliative care project managed in South Australia by Palliative Care SA (PCSA). PEPA delivers palliative care education and training programs to the health and aged care workforce.
PEPA enables health professionals and aged care workers to practice a palliative care approach through clinical placements in specialist palliative care services or participating in interactive workshops.
PEPA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to take on this exciting role.
The PEPA SA Manager is responsible for the delivery of this service in South Australia until July 2023. This program is funded through the National Palliative Care Projects of the Australian Government until the middle of 2023. As PEPA has been delivered over the past two decades, it is anticipated that it will continue into the future.
The PEPA SA Manager will: -
- Facilitate and assist in the presentation of workshops in both urban and rural areas of SA.
- Facilitate and coordinate placements with the Specialist Palliative Care services in SA.
- Have a sound knowledge and be experienced in palliative care
- Manage the PEPA SA budget.
- Regularly report to the PEPA national office on the progress of the PEPA SA program.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with specialist palliative care services, organisations, industry groups and individuals in the PEPA target groups to promote the PEPA program.
- Have a health qualification registered with AHPRA
The successful applicant will have significant experience in two or more of the following areas: -
- Education and training (desirable within palliative care)
- experience in the health sector (desirable within palliative care)
- managing programs and finances
- stakeholder engagement
- building partnerships
- event coordination.
The salary is benchmarked to the Public Sector employment for an RN3 / AHP3 (multi-classified) which currently ranges between $112,314 to $117,3350 p.a.
Attractive Salary Sacrificing terms are in place due to Palliative Care South Australia’s status as an health based charity.
To ensure that PCSA / PEPA secures the best possible applicant for the position, flexible terms may be negotiated.
The PEPA Manager will be required to undertake intrastate and occasional interstate travel and overnight stays will be required; a driver’s license is essential.
For further information about this role or to receive a Job and Person Specification please contact Mark Waters [email protected] or phone 0417 834 938 or the office on (08) 8271 1643.
Applications close for this position on Wednesday 11th August at 5.00PM addressed to: -
Mark Waters Executive Director
PO Box 435
Fullarton SA 5063
or emailed to [email protected]