< Back to COVID-19 Homepage
20 March 2020
ANMFSA are releasing CPD modules related to COVID-19 and infection control practices. Today we are launching COVID-19/SARS-Cov-2 (novel coronavirus) for nurses. This course entitles you to 3 CPD hours.
This module provides the latest information for nurses working in hospitals and providing care (including triage) to anyone suspected of or confirmed to have COVID-19.
This module has used current best available sources to provide critical information to nurses on the frontline.
The learning objectives are:
Describe what COVID-19 is.
- Know how it is transmitted.
- Know what precautions to take to minimise transmission in the acute hospital environment.
- Know the triage procedures for a suspected case of infection.
- Know the action to take when there is a confirmed case of infection.
- Understand the precautions to take when nursing people suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Know how to minimise risk of infection.
- Provide patient and family education on precautions to take to minimise transmission in the community.
Further modules for acute care settings, midwifery and primary care practice environments are under preparation and will be released in the coming days.