14 May 2020
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, the ANMF (SA Branch) has postponed this year’s Annual Professional Conference to October.
The conference was originally scheduled to run on August 5 and 6 but will now be held on October 14 - 15 at the ANMF (SA Branch) Conference Centre, 191 Torrens Road, Ridleyton.
- Emeritus Professor Jill White, who will be presenting in her capacity as the World Health Organisation’s Western Pacific Region nursing representative on the board of the Nursing Now campaign.
- Dr John Falzon OAM, Senior Fellow in Inequality and Social Justice at Melbourne-based think tank Per Capita and national CEO of the St Vincent de Paul Society from 2006 to 2018. He will be speaking about the impact of social inequality on nursing and midwifery.
- Professor Mary Chiarella from the University of Sydney will be speaking on the evolution of nursing and midwifery since the time of Florence Nightingale.
- Dr Roger Hunt, senior palliative medical specialist at the Central Adelaide Palliative Care Service. Dr Hunt will be talking about palliative care and end-of-life issues.
- Comedian Cal Wilson. Cal will get us laughing to close Day 1.
Tickets to the two-day event are $240 for members and $75 for student members.