< Back to Stand Up Homepage
25 June 2020
Thousands of public sector nurses and midwives have voted overwhelmingly (over 95 per cent) in favour of the new Enterprise Agreement.
Thank you for your tremendous efforts in reaching this result which follows months of sustained campaigning.
Our common objective, endorsed by members at the outset of this round of bargaining, to protect safe staffing levels, maintain job security, and to protect existing conditions of employment has been achieved.
This new Agreement:
In addition, the Agreement secures:
- Protects you from attacks on employment security by rejecting the attempts to introduce provisions for forced redundancy.
- Upholds your staffing levels and minimum staffing systems despite attempts to erode these conditions and decrease transparency
- Maintains your 10-hour night shift despite attempts to reduce this to just 9.5 hours.
- 2% pay increases each year for three consecutive years
- Back payment of your first pay increase to January 1, 2020 despite resistance from the Government and SA Health.
- Guaranteed action on violence and fatigue to keep you safer while at work.
Heading into this round of bargaining we anticipated that we would face a more hostile negotiating environment with the Government determined to undermine the conditions that you have built by your united actions over time.
In spite of this, thanks to the united position of members, and strong and effective negotiations led by the ANMF (SA Branch) team we have been able to achieve a remarkable outcome.
You should feel very proud of this achievement, especially in a climate of great uncertainty for many in the community.
We look forward to working with you to continue to advance the professions and for the working conditions you deserve.