1 September 2020
Better get a lawyer, son, You better get a real good one...
So sang indie rock band The Cruel Sea and legal advice doesn’t get much better - or more affordable - than Union Legal SA.
Union Legal SA is a service of the ANMF (SA Branch), enabling members and their families to access a range of legal services at a fraction of the price of private law firms. They will potentially save you thousands of dollars.
Members are eligible for a free 30-minute legal consultation with a Union Legal SA lawyer across a diverse range of many legal practice areas.
Advance Care Directives
There may come a time in your life when you may be unable to make your own decisions. An Advance Care Directive is a legal document that clearly sets out your future health care, residence and end-of-life arrangements.
An Advance Care Directive can be drawn up at the same time as your Will or as a stand-alone service. Member prices start at $250 for a stand-alone Advance Care Directive.
Enduring Powers of Attorney
An Enduring Power of Attorney authorises another person to manage your legal and financial affairs if you are no longer able to manage them yourself. As such, it can be just as important as your Will.
An Enduring Power of Attorney can be drawn up at the same time as your Will or as a stand-alone service. Member prices start at $80 for a stand-alone Enduring Power of Attorney.
Employment and life matters
Life can take an unexpected turn pretty quickly. If it does, it’s reassuring to know you have access to the might and expertise of your very own law firm as an ANMF (SA Branch) member.
Eligible members have access to:
- A complimentary initial interview (telephone or face to face) with a Union Legal SA lawyer for up to 30 minutes
- Up to $1,500 for professional fees for general workers’ compensation advice and assistance
- Low fixed-price fees for workers’ compensation disputes
- Up to $5,000 for professional fees for disciplinary proceedings by AHPRA/NMBA
- Up to $5,000 for professional fees for Coroner’s Inquests or ICAC investigations
- Up to $3,300 for professional fees for discrimination/harassment/equal employment opportunity and adverse action claims
- Up to $550 for professional fees for advice and assistance with Probate or Letters of Administration applications to the Supreme Court of South Australia
- Free preliminary advice for defamation and civil claims relating to the workplace
Union Legal SA also deals with criminal and limited family law matters. In the case of family law matters, eligible ANMF (SA Branch) members receive financial assistance towards the costs of dispute resolution or mediation.
Whether you have been arrested, facing criminal prosecution or have witnessed an incident and been asked to provide a statement as part of a police investigation, you should contact Union Legal SA for advice immediately.
Eligible members have access to a complimentary initial interview with a lawyer as well as $850 worth of professional fees for advice and representation.
Union Legal SA has decades of experience and knowledge of the nursing and midwifery professions and a proven track record of technical and legal excellence.
Members can contact Union Legal SA on 1800 792 834.
“Union Legal SA is amazing, and I can’t spruik about them enough. I felt extremely comfortable that I wasn’t going to be ripped off, had complete trust in the team and found the whole process much more cost-effective than having to deal with a private law firm.”
Registered Nurse, Louise.