ANMF (SA Branch) is offering early career nurses, midwives and personal care workers the opportunity to win a two-day pass to our 2020 Annual Professional Conference – Nightingale to NOW in October.
There are five passes up for grabs, with each two-day pass equal to the value of $240.
Why attend the ANMFSA Annual Professional Conference?
- 2020 is the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife, a huge year for our professions and a chance to celebrate the nursing and midwifery profession from Florence Nightingale to NOW
- Hear from a high calibre of speakers from across Australia
- Receive 14 hours CPD
- Opportunity to meet and network with your colleagues from all around South Australia
- Emeritus Professor Jill White
Professor White is the Dean, Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, University of Technology, Sydney.
She will be presenting in her capacity as the World Health Organisation's Western Pacific Region nursing representative on the board of the Nursing Now campaign
- Dr John Falzon OAM. Dr Falzon is a Senior Fellow in Inequality and Social Justice at Melbourne-based think tank Per Capita, and national CEO of the St Vincent de Paul Society from 2006 to 2018.
He will be speaking on the impact of social inequality on nursing and midwifery.
- Professor Mary Chiarella. Professor Chiarella from University of Sydney will be speaking on the evolution of nursing and midwifery since the time of Florence Nightingale.
- Dr Roger Hunt
Dr Hunt is a senior palliative medical specialist at the Central Adelaide Palliative Care Service.
He will be talking about End-of-life challenges in the 21st century.
- Comedian Cal Wilson. Cal will provide comic relief to close Day 1.
To submit your application, simply tell us Why you love being an ANMF (SA Branch) member?
Eligibility criteria: Applications are open to ANMF (SA Branch) members who have been working for less than 5 years. Applications open 23 April and close on 28 May.
The ANMF (SA Branch) 2020 Professional Conference is on Wednesday, October 14, and Thursday, October 15, at the ANMFSA Conference Centre, 191 Torrens Road, Ridleyton, South Australia.