26 August 2019
Who can argue that we need to improve security in SA Health workplaces? The nature and form, of course, will vary according to the circumstances but needs to include:
- Better training of staff engaged in security activities;
- Duress alarms that work;
- Consistent evidence-based allocation of resources towards improving security and safety;
- Use of technology and security personnel where that is appropriate;
- Consistent systems for checking personal belongings of visitors and patients;
- Secure areas for staff to retreat when necessary;
- Sound risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
Support the ANMF (SA Branch) campaign to end violence against health care workers and tell Stephen Wade and Steven Marshall they must ACT NOW.